THE PHARMACEUTICAL SOCIETY OF SOUTH AFRICA
(Cape Midlands Branch)
Welcome to the Cape Midlands Branch
In 1885 a group of 7 pharmacists met in King Williamstown to form the South African Pharmaceutical Association. This development resulted in branches being formed in various parts of the country. From here pharmaceutical societies were developed in the various provinces and with the amalgamation of these the Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa was formed.
To be the undisputed leader and guardian of the pharmacy profession.
To support and promote the profession of pharmacy in improving medication use and advancing patient care.
The objectives of the Society are:
- To promote the professional, educational and economic interests of the members of the Society and of the pharmaceutical profession;
- To encourage professional integrity and improve standards of professional conduct of the members of the Society;
- To promote and maintain the image of the pharmacy;
- To uphold and assist in the promotion and maintenance of the health of the people of South Africa through the provision of a safe dependable pharmaceutical service and
- In recognising the diversity of the population of South Africa, to promote the representation of all sectors of the South African community in its membership.
Cape Midlands Branch - Office Bearers and Committee 2018 - 2019
- Chairman - Ms CA Stanton
- Vice-chairman - Mr JG Swart
- Hon. Treasurer - Mr Ra Hill; Mrs Lm Moorcroft
- CPS - Mr Cl Stanton
- SAAHIP - Mr B Jaganath; Mrs A Lategan; Mrs V Kreusch
- Academy - Professor I Truter; Mrs Tl Fogarty
- SAAPI - Miss M De Beer; Mrs N Worthington; Mrs M Postma-Botha
- YPG - Mr B Jaganath